Lord's Word is compared to


1. incorruptible seed

I Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

2. The Sword

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

3. Fire

Jeremiah 23:29
Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

4. Rain

Deuteronomy 32:2
My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

5. Honey

Psalms 19:10
More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Psalms 119:103
How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

6. Milk

I Peter 2:3
If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

7. Gold

Psalms 19:10
More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

8. Silver

Psalms 12:6
The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

9. Great Wealth

Psalms 119:14
I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.

Psalms 119:72
The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.

10 Mirror 

James 1:23
For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

11. Clean

John 15:3
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

12. Light

Psalms 119:105
NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

13. Bread

Matthew 4:4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment